Friday, October 27, 2017

Art talk; Beginning as an artist (Plus art for The Project!)

  Hey, Jammers!  Crazcatlover here with another post.  Since I barely play AJ anymore, I feel like my posts are going to become less about Animal Jam art in particular and more just art things in general.  I'll probably start just doing 'art talks' instead of showcasing my drawings of AJ avatars; however, I do have my drawing for The Project to share with you real quick before I get into today's art talk!

  I was illustrating Violet's chapter of The Project.  I couldn't include all of the bloggers involved in it, but I included Graciepopstar91, Swirlshine, and Transions, along with Violet.  So, hope you enjoy that!

  That aside, today I want to talk about beginning as an artist.  I'm guessing a lot of you readers are young; either new to drawing or someone who likes to look at art but haven't felt like trying it for yourself yet.  And today's post is aimed towards those readers.

  I have always loved art.  Specifically, drawing.  Drawings are a way to put your imagination on paper and share it with the world.  This was always something that amazed me, but for a long time, I didn't think I could draw like the artists I saw, so I didn't really try to.

  But the thing is, you can't get anywhere if you don't try.  A lot of people think that being an artist is all about talent.  But honestly, creating art (of any kind, really; not just drawings) takes a ton of practice, a lot of determination, a bit of creativity and just the smallest pinch of talent.  So if your drawings right now are nothing more than strange, lumpy stick-figures, don't give up!  No artist started out drawing Mona Lisas, I can assure you.  Everyone starts drawings strange, lumpy stick-figures.

  I personally didn't start taking drawing seriously until around 2014-2015.  That's when I started to seek out tutorials on how to draw, and began to draw nearly every day.  I found YouTube videos, apps, and books with tutorials on how to draw, and drew as often as I could.  So for those of you who want to draw, I recommend spending at least half an hour a day (if you can) using such tutorials, drawing along with them, and I promise your art will improve quickly and drastically.

  And remember- there are different skill levels of art.  If your skill level right now is at a 1, and you feel like all the artists you see are at a level 10, don't stress it.  These artists took years, possibly decades of their life working on their skills.  Your art will improve over time.  Some people improve faster, some not so fast, but I promise, if you try, you will improve.

 
  Let me know what kind of art talks you'd be interested in in the future- talks about art block, different mediums of art, doing art for others, etc.  I'd love to know what you want to hear about!  That's all for today's post; I hope you have a fabulous day full of autumn leaves and happy little trees.  Peace~




 

2 comments:

This blog is for Jammers of all ages, so there are some comment rules:
LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED, AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't post links to unrelated or inappropriate websites, or your comment won't be approved.
NO BAD WORDS!
Comments with swear/curse words will never be approved! Keep your comments clean.
BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind! Constructive criticism is appreciated, but bullying of any kind is not.
NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information!

Thanks for visiting The Animal Jam Artists Collaborative!